Care management is an important process in administering a successful care plan. This position gives the Care Plan Manager (A Registered Nurse) a point of reference for changes and development of the care plan. This is a team effort as Care Mangers work closely with caregivers, designed to manage the medical, social and mental health conditions of our clients more effectively.
All live – in and hourly care clients are managed by one of the home care coordinators, who visits each client regularly. In order to provide consistent, high quality, and most importantly, effective care for our clients, our home care coordinator will manage and administer the client’s medication, order refills, provide physicians and family members with up-dates, and oversee that various situations that may arise at the client’s home are properly managed. In essence, they are the “eyes and ears” for family members, who sometimes live far away from their loved one.
Below are duties of care management:
- Identifies client needs
- Develops a plan to appropriately address the needs and preferences of the client
- Provides education for family on client’s condition
- Evaluates living conditions
- Identifies community resources
- Administer high tech monitoring program upon request
- Write monthly/quarterly client assessments